At Elmhurst Commons Assisted Living, the health and safety of our residents and staff is our top priority. Our staff are trained annually on standard procedures and protocols for the prevention of the spread of infectious diseases. Additionally, during this time, all staff are receiving extra training on COVID-19 specific prevention protocols. We have also been working closely with the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) and other state and local regulatory teams to keep updated on recommendations and changes in protocols.
Some of these changes include:
- Increasing disinfection of frequently touched objects and surfaces
- Educating the residents about proper handwashing and hand sanitizing techniques
- Sanitizer dispensers are located at convenient locations throughout the building
- Tele-visits with healthcare professionals, so residents can stay at home but stay on top of any health concerns
- The use of source control masks on residents when they are outside their apartments and during cares
We encourage all family and friends to remain vigilant in frequent handwashing and masking when appropriate. Please do not visit your loved one if you are feeling ill and keep in touch with their loved ones through mail, email, and video chats. You can contact our Office at 320396-0440 or Nursing Staff at 320-396-3212 with any questions regarding visitation.
We encourage everyone to follow the link below to Minnesota Department of Health’s website for the most up-to-date information on COVID-19. If you have any questions or concerns, please call us at 320-396-0440 and ask to speak with a manager.